Sunday, June 21, 2015

Mags' Reverse Stamping Rainbow Abstract nail art

Hello Everyone!

Doing my nails lately felt so much like a chore to me! So I rocked plain black for the past week and finally today i felt the need and will to do something a bit more creative!  

It's supposedly the first day of summer and we're starting it with... RAIN! blah! So i added some bright rainbowy colors on my nails to lift up my mood!



The two accent nails are done using the reverse stamping technique. On a plastic bag (the ones you use to freeze food) i started by applying a layer of HK Girl top coat , then once dry I stamped using Moyou Artist collection plate 2 .

Without waiting I filled in some rectangles randomly using rainbow colors polishes. And once it all dried, I added a thick layer of Essie - Blanc.

And at that point the waiting game began. It gave me time to do the dishes and others chores that you never wanna do just after you have done your nails! About 2 hours later it was time to play!
On bare nails, I put a layer of base coat on 1 finger than placed the decal right away and smoothed it out with a Q-tip. Topped it HK Girl top coat again and then I cleaned the surplus of decals off my cuticles. And then only did i move onto doing the next one, and then the other hand.

I added the black nails afterwards to avoid any mess or drama!

The great thing about this technique is that it allows you to do your both hands easily, no more struggling with your dominant hand.

This is my left hand which is my dominant hand

Close up of the reverse stamping decal

I hope you'll get inspired to try this technique if you haven't done it yet! Let me know if you do.

-Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment