Friday, June 26, 2015

Mags' Mix & Match Nautical Nails

Hello Everyone!

I have a nautical nail art for you today! I absolutely LOVE nautical manis! I think it is my favorite kind of nail art to wear! So as soon as summer starts, it's only natural for me to create one. This year is no exception!



As you can see I went for a mix and match kind of mani. There are usually not my cup of tea but I couldn't decide on one design so i did them all :)


Before I go into the manicure detail, I want to take a moment to express my absolute adoration of Kiko - Electric Blue! It's hands done my favorite polish of all time! That color is magnificent and I always reach for it whenever I want to do a blue nail art or when I just want plain nails. It's Glorious!!

For this look I used Essie - Blanc as a base for my ring and middle fingers. I made a gradient using Kiko - Baby Blue, Kiko - Electric Blue and Barry M - Blackberry and topped it with a little gold shell from Born Pretty Store.



For the middle finger I used nail vinyls again from BPS and Barry M - Blackberry, and topped the look with a anchor metal sticker. The metal anchor was such a pain to use, I should have curved it before applying, but i ended up managing to stick up fairly well.

You can see that the anchor is a bit damaged from me trying to stick it down! You live and learn :)

The rest of the fingers were less complicated to make, just few dots here and there using Catrice - Goldbusters. I ended up adding a thin layer of a shimmery polish from Berangé called Bleu Désir on top of Blackberry on my little finger.


With this kind of design, it is quite easy to do your dominant hand:


Everytime I look at my nails my mind  wanders on faraway beaches and sunny skies! Oh how am I longing for my holidays! To pass the time, bringing the holidays to my finger tips was the only thing to do!


I couldn't resist taking a macro shot of the little shells studs!

Until next time!
-Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment